What is Activated Charcoal?
Activated charcoal is different from the charcoal used in cooking. It has been oxidized which causes the charcoal surface to become porous. The porous nature is what attracts metals, chemicals, and toxins to the activated charcoal. Think of activated charcoal as an impurity magnet.
So someone asked me today if our Activated Charcoal is used only for teeth whitening? My response: ACTIVATED CHARCOAL HAS LOTS OF BEAUTY AND HEALTH BENEFITS!
1. TO TREAT ACNE
If you have acne, get your hands on some activated charcoal right now. It works wonders in fighting off acne-causing germs, sucking out impurities, reducing inflammation and keeping your pores clean. Apply this activated charcoal face mask for acne:
DIRECTIONS: Put a teaspoon of activated charcoal in a small bowl or dish. Now add 1 tsp of aloe-vera gel and 1 drop of tea tree essential oil and mix everything well with your clean fingers. Apply the mixture gently on your face, avoiding the area around your eyes and mouth. Let it sit for 5 minutes then rinse off well with warm water first, then cold water. Do this mask twice a week to get your acne under control.
2. SUCKS IMPURITIES FROM SKIN
Activated charcoal is known to be very absorbent. It’s so powerful that it sucks up poison, which is why it’s given to people who’ve swallowed poisonous substances. It works the same way by pulling out impurities and heavy metals from the skin.
DIRECTIONS: Make a simple face mask with it by mixing it with a little water or organic rose-water (for astringent effects) to create a paste.
3. TO WHITEN YOUR TEETH
How to Whiten Your Teeth Naturally with Activated Charcoal
You would need:
- 1 toothbrush
- 1/2 table-spoon of activated charcoal
- Put activated charcoal into a small jar or bowl.
- Wet toothbrush and dip into activated charcoal.
- Brush your teeth with the activated charcoal like you would for a normal brushing session for 3-5 minutes.
- Dip into more activated charcoal as needed.
- Rinse out mouth and brush teeth with toothpaste to remove all of the activated charcoal.
Do once daily for 3-5 days. You should get your desired results by then. To maintain results, do this process once every few months perhaps with the changing of the seasons.
DID YOU FIND THIS HELPFUL? Activated Charcoal (250ml and 60ml) NOW AVAILABLE at Jagabeauty Studio. Please call/sms/whatsapp +2348033358318 for your orders.
Top Image credit: Beauty Epic
Introducing BRUSHLOVE by Jagabeauty 💃, the 📍BubbleGum 📍Peppermint and 📍Vanilla Makeup Brush and Tool Cleaner.
Available for sale at:
No 59 Itire road SURULERE
DM on Instagram @jagabeauty or call/Whatsapp 08033358318
With Love from the Jagabeauty Studio HQ!
Have you shown your makeup tools some love recently?
Brush Love By Jagabeauty is a makeup brush and tool cleaner… cleans exceptionally well and will disinfect your brushes and tools leaving to dry in seconds… Comes in different delicious fragrances that would leave your brushes with a nice after smell 📍Bubblegum 📍Peppermint and 📍Vanilla. Comes in 200ml and 500ml … show your tools some love!
Beauty Reps and Makeup Artists swear by it already. Delivery available anywhere in Nigeria.
We are looking for an experienced Administration Manager to join Jagabeauty Studio dynamic team! We are looking for that amazing person who gets things done without constant reminders, takes ownership of a project, manage it without supervision and if something needs doing, gets it done quickly and efficiently.
The goal is to ensure all support activities in the Studio are carried on efficiently and effectively, to allow the other operations to function properly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General upkeep and management of the makeup studio
- Registration of students
- Organising and coordinating in-house activities such as workshops, student training, makeup consultations e.t.c
- Answering enquiring emails and phone calls
- Issue quotes, invoices and purchase orders
- Manage supplier credit accounts and capture supplier invoices
- Load bank payments and reconcile with bank statements
- Checking of deliveries
- Manage petty cash
- Any other duties required by management
The Ideal Candidate:
- OND, HND, BSc. in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in an office environment
- Worked in the cosmetic or makeup industry (not necessary but a big plus if you have)
- Ability to come up with ideas and strategy that will contribute to the growth of the company
- Keen attention to quality, details and tidiness
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Ability to work independently and in a supportive role for the team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Highly organised and able to manage people and tasks
- Knowing how to write blog post and knowledgeable in using WordPress a plus too
The Ideal Location:
- You must be based in Lagos State (Surulere or anywhere quite close will be preferable)
- Please only apply if you meet all the requirements
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
A COVER LETTER (written in your email) Please don’t attach a cover letter. Write specifically to us and let us know that you would love to be a part of our team.
ATTACH YOUR CV
Any application without a COVER LETTER will not be considered. PLEASE only apply if you meet the requirements.
Don’t be afraid to want more from life. Don’t be afraid to try. Don’t be afraid to fail. Don’t be afraid to try again.
What sets your soul on fire? If money was not an issue and you could do ANYTHING in the entire world, what would it be?
Makeup by Jagabeauty for Ejiro Amos Tafiri, 2015 Luxury Resort Collection – “The Madame”. Still one of my favourite collections from EAT- not because we did the makeup but the designs, clothes, fabric used (silk, satin and jersey pieces layered with lace, luscious mixes of chantilly and guipure laces and aso-oke separates).
It was just simply luxurious and glam overdose and then the perfect deal was the venue of the photoshoot- The Porsche Place! Home of Exotic Cars! I saw my dream car- It is still waiting for me!
See more of EAT 2015 Luxury Resort Collection – “The Madame” –> HERE
Designer: Ejiro Amos Tafiri
Photography: Emmanuel Oyeleke
Art Direction: Diana E.Ubah
Model: Melissa Devidal
Makeup: Ngozy Ezeka-Atta
Flashback to photoshoot for Marcol Jewelry. Went for a nude look because I didn’t want anything to swallow up this simple yet elegant piece which screams everything African!
Black is indeed beautiful!!!
You wanna fly Babe? Do you really? Then it’s time to let go of whatever, whoever is holding you down! It’s time to take your life back! It’s time to tell the devil- ‘devil, YOU ARE MESSING WITH THE WRONG WOMAN’! Can I get a witness here?!!
Go on amazing woman! This week something beautiful is going to happen- JUST BELIEVE!
Thank you for all the prayers and best wishes on all the social media networks. My heart is full of thanks ♥.
Now to Him who is able to keep me strong and healthy all through these years I say, Thank You. Almighty Father, take all the Praise.
Happy Birthday to me Queenjaga!