In Commemoration of the United Nations International Women’s Day celebration on the 8th of March every year, The Pearls Network, an NGO that specializes in empowerment programs for women and teenage girls, is organising a debate and red carpet conference event hosted by Convener and CEO of The Pearls Network, Mrs. Beulah Marshall.
Date: Sunday 8th of March, 2015
Venue: The Sapphire Hall, Avenues To Wealth Center, Olufumilola Okikiolu street, off Toyin street, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Time: 2 pm prompt
The debate topic which is ‘Women In Leadership Positions: Pros and Cons; for and against’ has amongst its panel of debaters:
- Dr. Joe Okei Odumakin, the only female governorship hopeful at the Lagos state APC 2015 gubernatorial primaries in the state who’s also the Special Assistant to the Governor on Schools Environmental Advocacy, foremost female rights advocate and convener of the Campaign for Democracy
- Mrs Adetokunbo Tobun Agbesanwa, Ministry of The Environment
- Reverend Deola Ojo, Senior Pastor of Grace Family International Church
- Mrs. Modupe Abiola, Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) Governorship candidate for Lagos state 2015 elections and wife of acclaimed winner of the 1993 presidential election MKO Abiola,
- Dr. Frederick Faseun, National Chairman Unity Party of Nigeria and founder of the O’oduawa’s People’s Congress (OPC)
- Dr. Taiwo Ayodeji, CEO Teemark Advertising
- Musical performance by renowned music artiste Kenny Saint Brown (KSB)
- Raffle draw
- Award presentation
- Runway fashion show
It would be recalled that very recently the founder Guru Maharaj in Nigeria was quoted by some online media as saying that women should not be allowed to preach in church or take up leadership roles which sparked heated debates online where people took diverse opinions on the subject matter. This is more or less giving people the avenue to air their views on the subject matter while getting enlightened on gender equality especially regarding public or political positions.
This year’s theme for the International Women’s Day is ‘Make It Happen’. So let’s make it happen!
Entrance Fee: FREE
Dress code: Look Chic
For enquiries: Call +234 806 161 2141