Sweet people! I feel like it’s been ages since I really blogged. I must repent! I promise to bring you mouth-watering gist and beauty tips because sooooo much has gone down since I got my head out of the clouds… (gist for another day)!
Basically I have been involved in quite a number of projects in the past months and my team and I have been really busy… Trainings, photoshoots, TV projects etc. I hope to be sharing with you pictures and experiences.
So about four weeks ago I had an amazing time working with a team of young creative professionals and the outcome was outstanding. Ace designer Ejiro Amos Tafiri was set to release her 2015 Luxury Resort Collection titled “The Madame” and she told me she would want me to handle the makeup.
I was excited because I had always wanted to work with her so I jumped at the offer, and then was more ecstatic when I learned that Emmanuel Oyeleke was going to photograph the collection. And then the perfect deal was the venue! The Porsche Place! Home of Exotic Cars! Whoah! Who no like better thing? Lol! There was no way I was going to pass on this even though I had a very busy Saturday. I made a way oo! Lol!
The collection was inspired by a lady on vacation attending an extravagant luxury party. And as Jennifer Obiuwevbi writes on BellaNaija, “the Madame’s” aesthetic is that of opulence and grandeur.
The Model Melissa Devidal was an effortless beauty who made everyone’s job easy. Ify Onyido the stylist showed me a few makeup looks she had in mind and we settled for the heavy smokey eyes and soft pink or slightly nude lips as seen on the first look, and subsequently would change the lips as we go along.
Here are a few tricks I played with in order to create a look worthy of the theme. My goal was that at the end of the day, the makeup should scream CLASSY and ELEGANT:-
1. Full and Well Defined Brows: Since we didn’t have much colours to play with, I decided to make her brows the point of focus. With this, I took the ordinary and turned into classy.
2. Flawless Face.
3. Soft Contouring and Highlights Using Shades of Powder.
4. Softly Bronzed Cheeks and T-Zone.
- Mac eyebrow pencil in ‘Spiked’
- Zaron eyebrow filler
- Milani secret cover concealer ’02’ in ‘Golden Beige’
- BM Pro eyeshadow base
- Mabrook black eyeshadow
- Inglot Eyeliner Gel in ’77’
- No 7 Beautifully Matte Makeup Base
- L.A. Girl PRO.conceal in ‘fawn’&’warm honey’
- Mary Kay Medium coverage foundation in ‘Bronze 507’
- Milani Mineral Powder in ‘108 Medium’
- Tara -The Makeup-Powder palette (for contouring)
- Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder
- Makeup Forever Compact Shine on in ‘6’ (bronzer)
- Mac Rebel (Purple Lips)
- Zaron Bare Faced Lipstick, Zaron Lip Liner Pencil EZ01 Brick Chick & Fabulosity Posh Lipgloss (Nude Lips)
To my assistants who assisted me in creating these flawless looks, Anita and Yewande, thank you! I would be featuring their works in the coming week.
If you would like a step by step tutorial on achieving this look, please leave a comment below.
Talk soon… enjoy viewing “The Madame” Collection by @EjiroAmosTafiri