Happy independence day! It’s our country’s 54th year as an independent nation and we are super grateful to God. As we celebrate our independence, let me give you 5 facts about Nigeria you mightn’t already be aware of 😀 thank me later, lol!
1. Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa, with more than 60 million people (1 in every 7 African is a Nigerian). -We are the 8th most populous country in the world.
2. Nigeria has more than 250 ethnic groups with 3 dominant tribes; Ibo, Hausa and Yoruba (18%, 29% and 21% respectively)
3. Nigeria is one of the oldest locations of human existence: -Evidence of archaeological discoveries have shown that there was a history of human existence in Nigeria which has been dated as far back as 9000BC -The NOK civilization (around 500 BC -200 AD) is the earliest known civilization.
4. The longest bridge in Africa is the Third Mainland Bridge. The bridge starts from Oworonshoki which is linked to the Apapa-Oshodi express way and ends at the Adeniji Adele Interchange on Lagos Island. Built by Julius Berger Nigeria PLC and opened by President Ibrahim Babangida in 1990. It measures about 11.8 km in length.
5. Largest Diversity of Butterfly: (The Butterfly! A significant symbol for Jagabeauty) -It is widely believed that the areas surrounding Calabar, Cross River State in the southern part of the country harbors the world’s largest diversity of butterflies.
Now how much of these did you know before now? Huh? You are welcome darling 😉 Happy 54th Independence Day my fellow Nigerians, home & abroad! Many more years of Peace, Love & Unity!