You would think that by now this journey would have gotten easier- NO! It’s like the temptation this week came with full force and the fast food advertisement on the TV was not helping either! I wanted sugar BADLY! I just wanted to give up. The urge was so strong to throw in the towel. But… I persevered…
My achievements this week:
Exercising was a bit (a-teeny-bit) easier this time and I exercised for 30 minutes, 3 times this week. I enjoyed this workout routine by Adagurl to Tiwa Savage Eminado song but it always left me panting for breath. My knees hurt a lot still especially doing the “Lunges” but I always kept going. Though I think during the “Wide Tuck Jumps” I was doing it all wrong by landing on the heel of my feet instead of the balls of my feet (that I found out yesterday) and not also landing with my knees bent. That’s why I had pain shooting through my legs.
I still skip as part of my exercise routine- 50 skips and I hope to increase it this coming week.
I started juicing…well blending! I thought I would never be able to blend anything green and drink it. I tried that last year and ewww! It was so bitter and never tried it again. But I found my secret ingredient that gives the green a zing-zang!- PINEAPPLE!
- ¼ Pineapple
- 1 Apple
- 1 Banana
- Fresh Orange Juice
I intend to try some other recipe this week. A little comme ci comme ça!
My challenges this week:
- I did not drink as much water as I should have
- I eat a light dinner as early as 6pm/7pm. By 8pm I’m as hungry as a horse and I tended to eat lots of fruits especially grapes and bananas and I don’t think that’s good at all.
- I still stay up late till 2am/3am and that’s not a good habit for a healthy life and also it does not help especially when I try to exercise in the morning. I tire easily. Luckily I work for myself so I exercise at about 3.30pm but still I don’t give it my best because I am so tired.
My birthday was yesterday so I gave myself 2 days off including the weekend which is usually my day off for a cup of coffee! I ate chocolate cake and I’m going to have to pay for it next week!
One thing I noticed though was that I had cramps in my tummy after eating the chocolate cake and I think it’s because my body was adjusting to a different healthier lifestyle especially since I over-did it! You’d think I’d never eaten cake before! Sugar rush!
My goals this coming week:
- Exercise 5 days a week for 45mins
- Include some core exercises
- Do 100 skips a day
- Drink 1.5L water a day
- Go to bed by 11.30pm (Lord Help Me!)
My workout for this week is:
In this track, I am going to:
- Jumps up and down: Keep your knees bent, and your hips back and down. Always land in your heels. Knees and toes track outwards when on the floor and forward when on the bench
- Speed straddle: Keep your knees bent, chest up, and abs braced. Land on the balls of your feet.
- Side leaps: Land with your knees bent. Push off using the outside of your foot
For a modified version, do this workout without a step bench 🙂 I think I’m going to do just that!
Don’t forget to follow my “fitness trainer” Ada ⇒HERE. I’m so glad I found her! She’s my constant inspiration and I look forward to meeting her someday and being as fit as she is.
Ada-ari is a certified, Elite Group Fitness instructor based in Washington, D.C. She teaches, step, aerobics, HIIT, and weight training classes. She is also an avid soccer player and plays right full back every week!
Most of you must be wondering why I am not tracking my weight loss- the reason is that I want this journey to become a lifestyle and not be pressurized about weight gain or loss. This journey has taught me a lot about perseverance, determination and purpose. I have failed one too many times but I have learned to accept my failure as part of the process, pick myself up and try again.
Guest Post by Joy Ezeka