Last week, ELLE beauty director Emily Dougherty joined makeup pro Bobbi Brown and YouTube sensation Weylie Hoang via Google Hangout to talk about picture-perfect skin and springtime makeup. Before you tune in to the full video, here are five can’t-miss takeaways from their chat.
1. The key to perfect skin? Aside from washing your face with a cleansing oil every day, Brown says diet is crucial. “I believe in putting really good food in your body,” she says. “And—believe it or not—exercise really helps.”
2. Don’t toss your tube yet! To be certain that a skincare product is working, Dougherty says that you “have to test it for 21 to 28 days.”
3. “You should never have to put a foundation on anywhere else except your face—never you neck and never your chest,” says Brown. “If you have to do that then you have the wrong color.”
4. Use your accessories as another color point on your face. “If you feel like you can’t rock a certain shade,” says Hoang, “change the color of your outfit or wear different accessories to complement.”
5. Brown swears there’s a nude—just the natural color of your lips—for everyone, but she’s not so sure about red. “I don’t believe there’s a red for everyone,” she says. “There’s not one for me. If you like red, there’s a red that’ll work with your coloring. But to me, red is about style.”
culled from Elle.com